We’ve been working hard in the last month to finalize a location for our Academy classes and we’ve been touring spaces all around Atlanta.
To be honest, it’s been one of the most frustrating series of experiences I’ve had in a while as things with real estate never quite work out exactly how you’d like them to work out (but that’s just the nature of the beast, as they say).
Regardless, I’m happy to report that we’ve landed in a location that makes a lot of sense for a whole bunch of reasons and we’re excited to publicly announce our partnership with Atlanta Tech Village! Here’s a few reasons why this is going to be an epic start to our Atlanta Campus:
- All About Engineering – The ATV doesn’t house “code monkeys” and we don’t train those types of students either. We’re all about creating professional-grade engineers who can tackle real-world problems day #1. It’s a culture and ecosystem that will be as natural as breathing.
- A Growing Ecosystem – The talent pool (and financial pool) @ ATV is large and growing and that’s good for our students and for future employers. Natural collision between our students and all the rest of the community will make for some great stories besides great career opportunities.
- Mission-Driven: We are a mission-driven company, through and through as we are on-mission to solve a growing crisis of a growing gap between available engineering talent and those that need that talent today. Job creation is at the heart of what we do and it’s also what drives ATV.
- All In The Family: We have worked out a great partnership with the folks at ATV to have our students be a literal part of the family taking advantage of all the natural resources and events that make the ATV special. Are you a family member of the Iron Yard? Great! You’re also a member of the ATV community at large. Wonderful!
- Flexible: I’ve been working with Erin Rosintoski (you ROCK!) for the past few months working out not just a strategic plan but also a tactical one that’ll get our classes up and running amidst a heck of a lot of construction and renovation. They are flexible and agile just as we are and that makes for a fun-time and a level-setting of expectations that make me smile.
- Startups & More: They are all about startups and so are we. I dig this, a lot!
Ahh… I can sit back for a bit and just finally relax that we’ve locked down a space for the time being that’ll get our students the education that they need for serious life-change.
Thanks again to Erin and the team @ ATV for helping us get settled; sure, we’ve got a lot of work still to do to prep the space but that’ll be the easy part as compared to the rest of the work that we’ve walked through together!
Atlanta Technology Village
3423 Piedmont Road Northeast
Atlanta, GA 30305